Sunday, May 18, 2008

Splendindifulness, The Hobbit Haven and all that Jazz!

The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Here I am.

Listening to the local radio station in the comfort of sweet Addie's hobbit haven. Ahhhh it is so nice to be back, I can't really say "home", because I really just "crash" here...but it is part of my home on this adventurous, unpredictable, endless road of splendindifulness.

You see, I don't really live anywhere these days...and by "these days" I suppose I mean for the past 14 months. I have been on the road, in the mountains, on the couches, on the floors, in the practice rooms and laundry rooms and even in the spare bedrooms (every now and then) of some amazing, generous and all encompassingly awesome folks.

Home.

I really feel at home here... and there... and everywhere on this beautiful, round ball of dirt. In the deserts of Utah, in the mountains of Montana, in the slums of Central America, eating a homecooked meal in my mother's kitchen, hungry in an empty parking lot...watching a semi break the sleepy silence of a rusty, country town at day break. I love it all. I couldn't have done it without you. So...

Thank you.

Thank you, for your faith in the gift I've been given and for believing that music is still alive, still healing and still worth it. Thank you for your patience with me when I'm "missing in action", or too tired to talk after a long run of shows, or too broke to take you out for a nice meal. I'm constantly blown away by your generosity, support and understanding. One day, I hope to repay you ten fold.

Big Dreams.

It feels so nice to have my second album released. It's finally settling in and it's been out for quite some time now. I think it's like graduating, you don't really notice all the great things about it until months later when your mind stops spinning from all the hard work you put into it. Woo Hoo! Freedom! I don't have to go to class today! You feel free just long enough for a twinge of elation to show up and then... shizen! Now it's time to get a job and...ahhhh, I miss class!

So, perhaps it's time to "get a job"- and that's what I'm doing. "Interviewing" with my music for agencies and labels and all that jazz. I'm pretty excited, I love meeting new people and checking out new places so this is strangely fun for me....and a lot of work but-

I'm psyched to be here.

Thank you.

Addie

Damon

Emaline

My Family...all of you!

Lindsay & Marty...& all the Tall Boys

Regina

Kris & Annie

Sarah

Katie & Steve

Michael

Zach

Josh

Ramey & Ben

Ded & Gil

Kier

Harley

Kev & Mamie

Ben

Pat

Brandon

Katie & Tanner

River

Gonzo

Howard

Frank

Marlene

Pallisters

Liz

Dave

Sam

And all of you....there's too many to list!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jessica. I am so excited to hear about NW String Summit!! You deserve it girl!! Still got that cd playing in my car. God Bless and keep in touch!
-Kellyn